Women’s Association of Duck Woods Country Club (WADWCC)
The WADWCC Memorial Scholarship is awarded annually to honor the memory of deceased members, to recognize the importance of education and life-long learning, and to support those with financial needs in our community. The scholarship is intended to assist a male or female student whose post-secondary education has been interrupted or delayed.
1. Must be a high school graduate, who does not have a bachelor’s degree.
2. Must have had their post-secondary education interrupted or delayed for more than one year.
3. Must be a resident of Dare County or Currituck County.
4. Must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent residency status.
5. Must enroll in a minimum of three credit hours in the Fall semester.
6. May be a current college student who meets the above criteria.
Interested applicants must submit the following by April 1, 2019:
1. A completed application.
2. An official high school transcript and an official transcript of any completed post-secondary course work.
3. An official letter of college acceptance or evidence of current enrollment from any accredited non-profit college or
university, on campus or online.
4. Resume of work experience including dates of employment.
5. Two letters of reference (not relatives).
3. Community involvement
4. Financial need.
Submissions will be reviewed by the selection committee and finalists will be contacted in May 2019.
Send completed application form and required documents to
Memorial Scholarship Chair
Women’s Association of Duck Woods Country Club
Duck Woods Country Club
50 South Dogwood Trail
Southern Shores, NC 27949
Phone: 252-261-6514 or 252-305-5375
Click Here for Application
Click Here for Repeat Applicants